Cheeca Lodge & Spa
Paid Relocation + Temporary Housing Provided!
The Restaurant Manager is a leadership position responsible for assisting in the management of the resort restaurants. The Restaurant Manager enforces compliance to state and resort standards at the direction of the Director of F&B, while motivating employees to deliver exceptional guest service.
Located on 27 lush oceanfront acres in the heart of the Florida Keys, and embodying the essence of a tropical paradise and island escape, Cheeca Lodge & Spa beckons guests to relax, "be yourself", and create treasured memories with family, friends or colleagues. Newly renovated in 2018, its fresh sophistication - evoking the textures of its environmentally diverse surrounds - complements the spirited tradition of barefoot elegance, genuine service and warm hospitality that personifies this legendary island home. Its lush palm-fringed grounds, contemporary island décor, myriad leisure pursuits and diverse coastal cuisine will continue to define Cheeca as a destination for both leisure and business, and champion its storied reputation as the pioneer of luxury in the Florida Keys.
Skills and Experience (Essential)
• At least 18 years of age
• At least five years in food and beverage supervisory position with at least one year in luxury resort setting
• At least 1 year in a management position
• Basic computer skills
• Possess a good command of the English language and ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate with guests, both in person and by telephone
• Food knowledge
• Beverage knowledge
• Thorough knowledge of hotel services and facilitiesSkills and Experience (Preferred)
• Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management
• Collaborate with Director of F&B to control costs, maximize profits, be current and provide unique dining experiences.
• Seek opportunities to establish the resort restaurant's prominent position within the competitive market.
• Review and analyze monthly results, highlight problem areas and discuss these with the Director of F&B and appropriate staff. Ensure appropriate action is taken to rectify issues.
• Act as an ambassador for Cheeca.
• Participate in Cheeca special events and promotional functions, maintaining a high profile with current and prospective clients.
• Be aware of current trends in the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented for the benefit of the resort.
• Attend meetings and training courses as required and continually strive for the improvement of professional skills.
• Remain current and set expectations for enforcing the highest standards of safety, sanitation, and hygiene according to State Board of Health.
• Ensure guest delight with quality and presentation of all menu items and service.
• Assess guest satisfaction by visiting with dining patrons daily and reviewing guest comments.
• Exemplify the level of guest service that is expected of all employees.
• Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner. Coordinate all group requests and needs
• Handle all guest complaints in a timely manner, maintaining a positive impression with the guest on resolving any complaints.
• Follow up to ensure complaints or problems are resolved and action is taken to avoid recurrence.
• Recruit, interview, hire, train, evaluate and fire staff following resort policies and procedures.
• Handle disciplinary counseling as needed according to policy.
• Conduct team briefings.
• Communicate with staff and supervisors to ensure operational needs are met so the guest experience is a positive memorable one.
• Answer all questions pertaining to existing menus
• Coach employees to reinforce positive behavior and to improve performance as needed.
• Motivate and inspire staff to implement guest-service standards and policies that distinguish Cheeca from the competition.
• Maintain open and productive relationship with Human Resources.
• Supervise guest service to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
• Coordinate with sales department to prepare for upcoming events.
• Ensure that standards set forth by Cheeca Lodge & Spa as well as state regulations are in compliance.
• Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions and inventory control.
• Maintain control systems that will assure quality and portion consistency; monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications.
• Ensure proper management of Cheeca's assets including china, silver, glass, food inventories, beverage inventories and equipment.
• Train staff on the economic impact of portion controls, proper food preparation and other cost controls.